Dear Friends, Colleagues, and Community Leaders,
Rights of Passage is actively seeking board members to help guide our non-profit to become a model for high quality health care equity at end of life. We invite you to consider applying for a position on our board, and to share this invitation with other colleagues who might be interested. Experience in medical care is not required.
In the summer of 2023, Lynn Naumann, MD and Leah Becker, PA-C formed a partnership founded in the following principles:
- Self determination is a basic human right, no less at death than during one’s life.
- As death approaches, loved ones and providers have a final and meaningful opportunity to support an individual’s path.
- All legal choices should be supported by our society, regardless of a person’s economic resources.
- It is an honor to support the many dying paths of New Mexicans, and to provide medical aid in dying when legal and ethical standards are met.
Our experience has shown us that a skillfully managed non-profit, driven by dedication to patient autonomy and health care equity in end of life care, will make a tremendous impact in New Mexico. Ideal candidates have a personal investment in:
- equitable access to high quality medical and supportive care at end of life
- science-based medical and supportive care models
- compassionate social engagement
- co-creation of a healthy corporate culture
We are especially seeking individuals with skills in strategic planning, financial management, and non-profit guidance.
We look forward to speaking with you at your earliest convenience.
Leah Becker, PA-C and Lynn Nauman, MD